If you haven't guessed, I'm a big iPhone fan. I started with the iPhone 3g and this past June upgraded to the 3G-S. Along with just being faster, the iPhone 3G-S sports a video camera as well as a much improved still camera. I've noticed a definitely bump up in quality namely due to a three megapixel sensor, autofocus feature and improved low light performance. Unfortunately, one of the things that hasn't changed is the camera app itself. It's still quite basic in it's functionality. To try and remedy this, there have been many camera apps developed and made available for download on the iTunes App Store. In my search to find a good camera app, I recently came across Snapture from Snapture Labs, LLC. Snapture is a major upgrade to the built-in camera app and is loaded with a ton of much have features.
Snapture exceptional feature list includes:
- High speed multishot - capture three shots in rapid fire succession to insure getting the perfect shot. This is especially handy when shooting action scenes.
- Easy Snap - enbles you to touch anywhere on the screen to take a picture. No more hunting for that tiny shutter button. Great for self portraits.
- TouchZone - Enables you to hold your finger on the screen, compose your shot and simply release your finger to grab the shot.
- Multiple Image Sizes - Enables image capture at mutiple file sizes including full resolution. Most other camera apps don't allow full resolution photos.
- 5x Digital Zoom - Using the pinch gesture, you can zoom in on your subject up to 5x
- A2 Autofocus - Automatic auto focus. Works with the pinch and zoom feature on the iPhone 3G-S
- On Screen Level - aide to help composition
Here's a link to the Snapture app available for download in the iTunes App Store.